Monday, November 9, 2009

Afternoon Tea Scones


Made a batch of lemonade scones for afternoon tea on the weekend. I’m sure you all have the recipe already but for those of you who don’t, I’ve written it below. They are super easy to make. The tablecloth in the photo was passed on to me by my Nanna several years ago. At the time I remember thinking it was ‘old and Grandma-ish’ and that it would probably sit in the linen cupboard. Now, I love nothing more than setting the table with it and have a real appreciation for embroidered linens and all the hard work that has gone into them. Hope you all had a lovely weekend too.



Lemonade Scones

3 cups Self Raising flour (sifted)
250ml lemonade
250ml cream

Mix to a firm dough, 2cm in thickness (the trick is not to overwork the dough – do not knead it, just bring it all together). Use a scone cutter dipped in flour to cut out scones. Brush with milk. Bake in a 200°C oven until light golden.

8 comments:

  1. OMG, 3 ingredients! My kinda recipe. Grabbing my keys, heading to the lemonade and cream shop. Told ya I couldn't cook... so I for one did not have this recipe! Love the tablecloth. Love. It. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda! I just thought I would stop by and say I think you have a very pretty blog and enjoy stopping by to visit. The table cloth is just lovely and the Lemonade Scones look very yummy, such a good recipe.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tablecloth, so special! Thanks for reminding me about the lemonade scones, they're great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely the best scone recipe ever, I'm with you there! And you just reminded me that my Nanna gave me a few gorgeous hand embroidered tablecloths that I needed to appreciate... I am loving seeing them on my table now, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fabulous - only problem is I can't cook! Thank you for the comment you left yesterday - it's so nice to read such lovely thoughts. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lemonade scone recipe is new to me, and I shall give it a try. The tablecloth is lovely. I occasionally take out inherited treasures and use them. It is a nice way to remember those special people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for a lemonade scone recipe for ages amanda so I'm so pleased you wrote it out! Definitely something for the weekend. I love your tablecloth, things like that are so special. I have my great grandmothers cutlery and rolling pin and I love being able to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!