Friday, December 11, 2009

Delicious Chocolate Fudge

Each year around Christmas, I like to make a batch of Chocolate Fudge. It’s so lovely to sit down at night with a piece to enjoy with my cuppa. I’ve posted the recipe below. Next week I’m hoping to make a batch of Christmas biscuits. Who else is doing some Christmas cooking?

Fast Chocolate Fudge

125g dark cooking chocolate (chopped)
125g copha (chopped)
2 tbs icing sugar
1 tbs cocoa
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
½ tsp vanilla essence

Line the base of an 18cm square cake tin with greaseproof paper. Oil lightly. Melt together chocolate and copha over a low heat, stirring until smooth. Add icing sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Quickly stir in the condensed milk until blended (mixture will begin to firm immediately so work quickly). Pour at once into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Chill until firm. Cut into squares to serve.

8 comments:

  1. Yummo....I am just about to pop the kettle on and will be helping myself to your fudge ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OM GOODNESS that looks good enough to eat all in one sitting. Is it easy enough for a 'non cook'? I can barely cook to keep my family alive. A tragedy. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-M, I promise it is super easy to make. The only tricky part is making sure you thoroughly mix in the condensed milk and that you work quickly to get it in the tin once it starts to thicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds lovely, I might have to try it. I might be making a gingerbread house this week, not sure yet but have done shortbread which was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fudge looks so delicious - maybe if I ask Mr Brabourne nicely he'll make me some (he's the cook)! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made some cupcakes yesterday but I want to make some Xmas cookies at some stage over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've done some...mainly cookies! your fudge looks perfect. my honey's a big fan of fudge and peanut brittle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!